The purchase of a Hot Spring® hot tub is an event to celebrate, so congratulations! You are now part of the Hot Spring® family and an owner of the world’s best-selling portable spa. Here at East Texas Spa, we want to ensure you get the most out of your new tub. These are our top recommendations for tubbing like a pro:
1. Schedule hot tub time
- Begin your day with a morning soak and a cup of coffee or tea
- Enjoy a lunch hour or midday soak. Make time for meditation or just enjoy fresh air and your environment.
- Make room for family and friend time in a large hot tub. A spacious design is the perfect venue for sharing… and sharing is caring!
- Plan a date night once a week in your hot tub. Whether you’ve got a 2 person tub or an extra large one, a Friday or Saturday night soak is a fun, relaxing, and romantic way to spend the evening with your loved one.
- Host a hot tub party with friends! Tell them to bring suits and snacks. Hot water’s on you.
2. Create the ultimate hot tubbing area
Organize an area nearby your hot tub to make regular hot tubbing easy. You’ll need a storage box, shelf or cabinet to accommodate:
- Towel rack/stand
- Water bottles
- Rubber Duckies
- Squirt guns
- Battery operated candles
- Spa pillows
- Floating drink holders
3. Follow suggested hot tub maintenance schedules
Nobody likes a hassle, not even rule-breakers. Make maintenance easier on yourself by following the recommended care schedule. Regular, low-grade maintenance will give you the best results and longest hot tub life.
Did you purchase the ACE® Salt Water Care System?
If so, these are our best tips for making the most of it:
- Soap isn’t good for your spa. Prevent traces of soap from sneaking in by showering without soap before entering the spa and washing bathing suits without soap.
- Be sure to test your water weekly and adjust the balance if necessary.
- Clean your entire spa using a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft rag. For touch-ups on the surface, use baking soda.
- Your spa cover acts as a shield to outside pollutants. Keep it clean and healthy by spraying it down with water to loosen any dirt. Then use a sponge to clean it with a mild soap solution or baking soda. Lastly, rinse it with fresh hose water. The inside does not need to be cleaned with soap. Instead, condition it with a thin film of Hot Spring Cover Shield™.
- The right spa cover should fit perfectly from the start, but check it regularly for wear and tear and make sure it’s sealing at the edges.
- Clean your ACE® Salt Water Care System cell every 90 days. Extend the cell’s life by taking these steps:
- Maintain calcium hardness at 50 ppm
- Keep output level as low as possible
- Clean filters once a month
- Use FreshWater Ag+ silver ions to inhibit bacterial growth
- Read up on maintenance and conduct an ACE® check-up every month. Your water can last up to 12 months with proper care and the use of this system.
- Regularly check your filters and clean them every 30 days. Use a garden hose to spray them down while you rotate them. If necessary, use filter cleaner. After three years, replace your filters with Watkins replacement filters.
- If you’re not planning on using your spa for 5 to 14 days, lower the temperature, adjust the pH, and shock the water with a treatment. Upon your return, shock the water again and raise the temperature to your desire. This information and more is available in your owner’s manual.
- The frequency with which you need to change your spa water is dependent on how much you use the tub. Change the water as needed.
Are you still deciding whether or not you should become a new hot tub owner? If so, give us a call and we’ll answer your questions and point you in the right direction!